Friday, September 13, 2019

Older

My husband and I found a little time to go out for a little bit and watch a movie last night. A trailer came on of the new Terminator movie and I don't know why but we were shocked that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton are now old! In our heads, they're supposed to still be young and wrinkle-free. 

The next trailer came on and more celebrities that are still young in our heads are now actually old! We were like, what happened to these people? Bakit ang tanda na nila? Haha! 







I guess the reason for our shock was the accompanying realization na matanda na kami haha. Ito nga'ng seemingly ageless stars nag-age na, kami pa kaya.

Minsan ganon no? We get so caught up with the surge of all the events in our lives, big or small, that by the time we are able to come up for air, lumipas na pala ang panahon. 

Kung dati parang ang tagal ng isang taon, ngayon years just blur into each other. Is it our memories getting less and less reliable or are the days just going by faster and faster? Nakakatakot.

Personally, I feel like I've aged more the past two years than I have the first 30+ years of my life before that. Was it just three years ago that I was working freelance, didn't care about health benefits, and only planned ahead until the next weekend?

I didn't think I'd capable of it but I feel like I am finally catching up to my age. Akala ko forever na akong "Feeling 22" haha!

Seriously though, I was reminded that everyday is a gift and that I should not take it for granted. I'm lucky I got to this age and got to experience the stuff I did. I am grateful I got to marry the love of my life and have a lovely lovely son with him. I am hopeful we'd get to see him grow up, be with him as he navigated the up and downs and bumps in life.

When I was younger I thought life was it. Akala yun na yon. Hindi pala. Life has so much more. There is so much more to see, experience, and feel. I do feel older but I am hoping to have more years still.

No comments:

Post a Comment