Friday, April 21, 2017

For my son's Itay



Because last night was such a busy night for the infant and me, I woke up this morning groggy and devoid of energy. The pain meds prescribed by my doctor also ended today so I was tired and in pain, a tough combination. As a result, it felt like lachrymosity has taken over my range of emotions for the day.

Lucky for me, my husband takes care of just about everything while I can't seem to do much else but feed the baby. So let me honor ze husband in this hurried post while the baby sleeps.

My father passed away when I was a baby and because of it I had this impression when I was a kid that fathers are scary. It was because whenever I'm playing with my friends, they would all be ready to go home once their fathers call for them. Ewan ko ba, my uncles weren't scary but somehow yun ang tumatak sa 'kin. I haven't really thought about this for a long time, I just remembered because seeing how gentle my husband can be to our little one, it's such a contrast to the perception of the kid me.

I need not tell you that my temper has been short since I gave birth, I'm not sure if it's post-partum depression kicking in. I'll tell you, though, that I have never felt more glad for Mr. L.

I'll tell you how he gave up smoking almost two years ago so he can be healthier. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten!

I'll tell you that he'd wake me up when there's already food on the table and all of our baby's laundry are done.

I'll tell you that amidst fatherhood, a grumpy and tired wife, and an inconsiderate landlady who's kicking us out in four weeks, he's already found several places where we can move.

I'll tell you that with me working freelance jobs and he as a government employee earning modestly, he was still able to save up for my delivery in just less than a year! Ang contribution ko lang talaga ay ang mga gamit ni baby at ang mismong pagdadalang-tao. Hahaha!

I'll tell you how he carefully thinks which dishes to prepare to help me produce more milk for our baby.

I'll tell you how he has suddenly been able to talk to people; hospital staff, doctors, cashiers, etc. when normally he shies away even from something so normal like ordering food. Most of the time lets me do all the talking but at the hospital, he managed very well in talking to such a lot of strangers! Haha!

I'll tell you how he holds our baby ever so gently.

I'll tell you how he wakes up early every morning to have our baby soak up some Vitamin D.

I'll tell you how he is already thinking of ways how we can earn more to save up for the baby's future.

There is so much more I can tell you but I'm short of time. Sleeping baby is starting to stir. I can try to tell you how much I love him and grateful for him but there are no words for that. Eme!! Hahaha!

Hala na, tama na 'tong kakornihan! Next time totoo na, 'yung delivery story naman, hilarious yun eh, para maiba.

4 comments:

  1. One lucky wife.. sana sugad liwat situn c Maya someday pag maging tatay na. �� im so proud of kuya dimple. Excited to read the next blog about your delivery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Mukhang maalaga man si Maya 😊💪🏼

      Oo gintatangpos ko pa kay installment la ak pagsurat depende sa sleeping time ni baby hihi

      Thanks Dette! 💕

      Delete