Thursday, July 21, 2016

About My Dimple


Dimple was my first boyfriend. And my last. Sure, I dated (flirted with) different kinds of guys when I was younger – there were some who turned out to be gay (yes, plural po), one who was on a rebound, and another one who ditched me after realizing that he would NEVER get into my pants (Ha! Too bad for him, my mama raised me well). There were Mr. Maybes, Mr. Pwede Na, Mr. Trophy, etc. until looking for Mr. Boyfriend became exhausting and so I stopped.

Taken on our first out-of-town trip as a couple to attend his cousin's wedding.

After that, I spent a massive amount of time with my family and friends instead. We went to places, ate out, went for coffee-runs in the middle of the night, watched movies on a whim. I also discovered me-time! I did stuff I love to do. I read a lot of books, watched films alone, wrote stuff – some lame some not-so lame. I even used to dine out alone and people watch. I guess I developed a good relationship with myself so to speak.

Of course, it wasn't all fun and happiness. I also discovered parts about myself that I didn’t exactly like at first. I had this whole journey of dark and crazy self-discovery and self-acceptance that I’d rather not put in writing.

Just about the time when I was okay with my life, when I was ready to stick it out with what I had, I met Dimple. I met him on the beach, on a Good Friday. After a day, he added me on Facebook and after a week he asked if he could visit me at home. I was taken aback. I never met a guy so straightforward! Nasanay yata ako sa mga lalake who were all about psych games and winning. Dimple was clear right from the start that he liked me and that he wanted to get to know me better. No games. However, because I had all this batshit crazy issues, our relationship progressed veeeeeerry slowly and very messily that I thought it would never work out. He proved me wrong.


Taken with my crappy old Blackberry.
This is probably our favorite picture together. IDK why lol!

There were times that I felt he already wanted to give up on me and nagmaganda pa rin ako nang malala! All I told him was “sige, I can’t blame you.” I even urged him to date other girls, pushed him away, and would disappear from him for weeks on end. (Feeling maganda talaga ako diba? Kairita!) I can't imagine now how difficult it must have been for him; to not know where he stood with me, to be so uncertain with what to hope for. But he stuck with me. After a month of officially dating he asked me to marry him. I laughed as a response and thought, “how cute”. After six months, he asked me again. We were under a tree, the moon and the stars. More than being romantic, what got me was how he made it clear that he saw his future with me. I never had to doubt.

This was days before our wedding.
We were still handing out invites and running last-minute errands.

Of course when we became boyfriend and girlfriend ayan na yung mga times that we would get frustrated with each other. Moments when I hated him so much I could barely contain it but it’s amazing how I still knew (know) I love him despite everything and I know he is the same with me. During times when I don’t understand him most, when I’m hurt, when I’m in pain, I think back to how he held on to me. How he quietly stood aside while I fixed myself up. How he willingly waited until I could be with him, even if he didn’t understand why the hell not. (Cue: Aaawww...)

Now, I am beyond grateful that I have everyday to show him how much I appreciate everything he did for me and how I love everything about him. That everyday I can make it up to him if I screw up. That everyday I will have him no matter what.


My Dimple. Mine. Forever.

4 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeh! Kilig overload! Ang sarap balikan di ba? :) In my case, it was my ex-boyfriend (now my husband) who saved me from a very toxic and unhealthy emotional life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo muther! Hahy dahil sa comment mo binasa ko ulit to. Ngayon kasi halos sa baby kami nakatutok hehe. This is the reason talaga why I write, para may mababalikan ako 😊

      Dali iblog mo din love story mo aabangan ko ♥️😊

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Muther!!! Kindly read my recent blog post!!! Baka magaya ka sa amin!!! :(

      I'll blog about it din kaso magpromise ka na hindi ka kikiligin? Hehehe!

      Delete