Sunday, July 10, 2016

Book Recommendations: First

So one of the favorite things I absolutely loooove to do is read. I like rainy days because they give me an excuse to just curl up with a good book. No matter how busy, it makes me feel relaxed to be able to sneak in some time to read.

Here are three recommendations based on the books that first came to mind as I was writing this post (that's sort of the plan). Don't worry, no spoilers here.


photo from the web

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. It falls under Young Adult (YA) category which I'm sort of a newbie reader at. It's about being comfortable in your own skin and embracing your eccentricities, and of those you love. That your crazy can be what would make people love you, and that it really doesn't matter whether they do or not. I really liked it! I recommended it to my eleven-year old niece and would also recommend it to thirty-somethings for a good read.

Kind of reminds me of Phoebe Buffay of FRIENDS.




photo from the web

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Although also a YA book, this one dwells on heavier and more grownup problems. Don't be fooled by the title, that promising "plurk" and the colorful cover, this book is about that dark place in your mind that makes you different from other people. It reminds readers that if you know you need help, or you know someone who does, ASK for it. Now. Don't ever delay. It talks about a whole different kind of crazy than Stargirl. It's a dark and insightful book.




photo from the web


The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. I love people-watching and I think trains are romantic. The people-watching in this book, however, is taken to another level by the character. I like how this book revolves around the character (ano'ng title beh? hahah); how it takes you to her head with all her tumultuous thoughts and self-harming decisions. You can't help but hate her and root for her at the same time.

There, will post three books that first-came-to-mind-while-writing-a-book-recommendations-post again soon! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment