Friday, August 12, 2016

Blogging in the Snapchat era

Some of my friends ask me why I started a new blog. Why now when there is Facebook, Instagram, Vlogs, Snapchat, etc? Why now when bloggers are basically going “out of style”? Why now when people aren’t really blogging anymore? Some even pointed out to me “hindi na uso yan”.

The thing is, I’m not blogging because I think it’s cool or because it’s uso. I just really love writing and I wanted a place where I can keep what I write. You see, I’m a very cluttered writer. By cluttered I mean, I don’t know where most of the stuff I wrote are. Except for the ones I submitted to clients – come to think of it, I don’t even have a copy of most of them. Huhu!

Despite of my love of writing, I’m not like others who have dozens of journals or thick and overused moleskines (those dudes are so cool! I wish I could be more organized like them). I do have a few jotters I write on but, I don’t know, maybe I’m just a rebel like that. Ha! Instead, I write on table napkins, blank pad papers, hotel stationaries, journals I don’t really get to fill, phone apps, online posts and multiple blogs. As a result, I lose stuff that I write. Ang lungkot. Sometimes I do find them, but I’ve lost a LOT already and now I regret it. Those are stuff that I’ve written with a specific mindset at certain periods in my life and I’ve lost them forever.


These are all my notes/journals.
I also have some writings on hotel stationaries, scratch, and tissue papers
that didn't make it into this photo because they're too personal.

I thought of putting up this new blog so I will have something where I can keep my thoughts, memories, and random stuff about my young marriage and "career". Something I would not lose when I move houses. Something I can read back when I’m older.

Oh, I’ll continue writing on table napkins, at the back of used scripts during shoots, on scrap papers, but at least I’ll have this blog, somewhere I can keep some of my thoughts about being a new wife and a cluttered writer wobbly on her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment