Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Book Recommendations: Second

Finished with the three books I wrote a month ago? No worries, let me recommend some more. What I did this time is glance quickly at my bookshelf and wrote down the first three books that jumped at me. Here goes:

Photo from the web
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Ah this has got to be one of my all-time favorites! It's a story about the coming-of-age of two girls, Lily and Snow Flower, in Ancient China; how they blossomed from girls into women, enduring life's milestones together like foot-binding, betrothal, marriage. It's a story of love and how it can make you and, also, break you. How it can bring people together but also tear them apart. How love can make your heart full and also wreck it beyond repair.

This book stayed with me years after I read it. It's beautifully written and wonderfully crafted.

P.S. May movie na pala ito but I haven't seen it! :'(

Photo from the web
Carry the One. I found this from Booksale and I didn't really have much expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. It's about how one event tied a group of friends together long after it happened. One event that changed the course of their lives.

The book follows multiple characters throughout their lives that after you read it, it's like you just watched five seasons of your favorite series! It's a good read, yes, but I'm afraid if you want to feel good, this isn't the one for you.

Photo from the web
Cell. I'm not much of a Stephen King fan, what I am, though, is a fan of zombie movies and series. That's why I enjoyed this book. If you're one of the millions who follow The Walking Dead and think World War Z is awesome, you will appreciate this piece of literature.

There! Happy reading and until the next book recommendations post!

Note: I got the photo covers from the web but these are the covers that I also have. Wala lang, mema lang lelz!

No comments:

Post a Comment