Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Movie Review: Blue is the warmest color




My gosh, this film! I'm going to go and say right out that it is not for everyone. After I've watched it, I went on Google and found out that there were a lot of controversies surrounding the film because of the "raw sexual scenes" and of the poor treatment of the cast and crew during production.

Nevertheless, it just blew me away. Originally titled "La Vie d'Adele (The Life of Adele)", it's about the coming-of-age of a Junior High student in France, Adele. How she fell madly in love with a woman named Emma and had her life revolve around her. How they were so wildly into each other in the beginning and how their relationship changed over the years. Just like all relationships. It is about the highs of first love and the lows of being in a relationship that's about to fall apart.

The screenplay is first-rate, it's the kind of film that made me feel like I know the people in it, that their conversations were also my conversations IRL, and that what happened in the movie was something that I have witnessed first-hand, ganun siya, hindi ko siya na-feel na nanonood lang ako, feeling ko nasaksihan ko talaga ang mga pangyayari. Eme!!

Anyway, I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but oh boy, if you love films and if you love French films, this should be at the top of your list.


No comments:

Post a Comment