Friday, August 19, 2016

Kumusta, ang buhay may asawa?

I get asked this question quite a lot. I don't know about Mr. L but it seems to be the standard greeting to me for the two months that we've been married. At first, I actually try to think about what to say (because I'm like that) but, most of the time, before I can give my response, I notice that the person who asked me has already moved on to another topic. That's when I realized that aside from those who really care, mostly didn't really want to know, they just ask the question for the sake of it haha! After that, I just give a meager "ok naman".

However, because I'm the type of person who overthinks, I thought quite a lot about it and here's my answer to "kumusta, ang buhay may asawa?"

I get to see Mr. L (almost) everyday. I work weird hours. Sometimes I get to stay home a lot, sometimes I rarely get to go home. When we were just mag-jowa (ano ba English nito; dating? going-out? Hahaha!), I used to miss him a lot when I had projects that require me to work over-overtime (yes, double talaga yung "over"). There were times when we'd only see each other for short meals in a week because our schedules don't match. Now that we're married, no matter how late I sometimes have to stay out for work, I know I could always see him at the end of the day. Yiihii! Of course, there are projects that make me go out-of-town for days but after that I get to go home to him instead of an empty apartment and that's quite a good change.

Home alone no more. A scaredy-cat is what I am. I like paranormal stories but I get scared easily haha! I alternately lived alone and with a housemate for the past six years before I got married. During the times when I lived alone, I would get so paranoid I slept with all the lights on in the apartment or would get up in the middle of the night just to check again if I locked all the windows and doors. I don't have to worry about that anymore. Although I had such a great time living by myself, I kind of like the idea that I won't have to do that again.

This crazy adorable husband of mine posted this online!
Talk about airing showing your dirty laundry in public! lol!


I get shocked by the amount of laundry we have every week. Before I got married, I only had to bring my laundry to the laundry shop and come back for it (cleaned, conditioned, and folded) later in the day. Well, except my delicates. But that was about my weekly laundry routine. Mr. L, as it turns out, is not a fan of laundry shops. He thinks they're impractical and they ruin clothes, and now I do, too, seeing my barely-one-year-old shirt all stretched-out in the neckline. So we do our own laundry now and it's quite taunting seeing a week's worth of dirty clothes, ang dami pala! Huhu! Added on my wish list: a hardworking washing machine.

Note to self: I have to learn how to cook. Stat! My Mama is the best cook I know. The kitchen has always been her territory so I never felt the need to learn how to cook ever since hehehe. When I was single, I ate out a lot because it was more practical and convenient. I only know how to make sandwiches and a couple of pasta dishes. Mr. L, on the other hand, is really good in the kitchen. However, because he's the one who has a regular eight-to-five job, he barely has the time and energy to cook once he comes home. Nakakahiya that I only serve him fried fish or fried chicken most of the time. O kaya inihaw. He doesn't complain naman but still. So I learned how to cook tinola and paksiw recently. Tapos puro naman paksiw at tinola ang ulam hahaha! I have to learn how to make more dishes. Help!

I have to keep in mind that I am sharing a space with someone. Quite a number of boxes have yet to be unpacked since we moved to the new house. My boxes. They were stuff from my small apartment that I thought would all fit in this house. However, I have to keep in mind that this is no longer just my space. I'm sharing it with my husband. So I'm now getting up the grit to open those boxes and throw/give away all the stuff I won't be needing. May pagka-sentimental kasi ako, kaya madaming clutter sa buhay ko na kailangan nang ilet-go (charot!).

It is not only me who makes decisions anymore. Even when I was a little kid, I'm told that I've always been gala, I even used to bring my classmates home in kindergarten dahil lang gusto kong gumala hahaha! When I grew up, I hung out A LOT with my friends. Hindi naman kami masyadong gumagala non, but we used to hang out almost every weekend at one of our barkada's house; movie marathon, scrabble until morning, pig-out, discussed and debated petty to significant things, etc. All it used to take was one text message and I'm out the door, even during the wee hours of the night. My husband doesn't mind me going out with my friends and we don't have any "rules" set about it either, pero siyempre yung mga biglaang lakad in the middle of the night, I don't feel right about them now that I'm married. Para sa'kin lang naman 'to, no judgement to anyone else.


Annoying caption: off to somewhere hehehe


Numerous things have changed in the past two months, more than I could ever (or am willing to) write, and I'm sure there will be more along the way but that's okay. Change is good, change means we are moving forward and that I am (finally!) growing up. As long as I have Mr. L, I think I'll be fine.

O ayan, mula ngayon pag may magtatanong sa 'kin ng: kumusta, ang buhay may asawa? Sabihin ko na lang: check my blog. Charot! Hahaha!




No comments:

Post a Comment