Sunday, July 31, 2016

Happy Birthday, Harry Potter!

I would like to thank my sponsor, Mr. L, for this shirt. :)


Anybody who is a fan of the Harry Potter series knows what today means, Harry Potter’s (and JK Rowling’s) birthday! Today is also the release of the eighth book in the series, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Being a fan myself, it is pretty sad that I wasn’t able to get one this very day. It’s okay though, because I went to a fundraiser that is Harry Potter-themed. It was so cool!

Due to the gentle prodding of my friend, and probably the sole reader of this blog, GemYoo, I had to suppress my lazy-Sunday-mode and strut to the venue, and boy was I glad!

If you're like me who lives under a rock, here's a short description of the Booklat Fundraiser from their Facebook page.

BOOKLAT: A Fundraiser for the Young Focus Center Library.


Under JCI Ortigas' flagship project PLEASE (Project Library Education and Skills Enhancement), we believe in the powerful role of books in a child’s education. It is a program that focuses on the improvement and renovation of public school libraries helping create an environment more conducive to learning and development. Moreover, we further commit our time and resources to our beneficiary schools by conducting seminars and tutorials in those libraries.



Young Focus, is a non-government organization that works towards making education accessible to the young people living on and around Smokey Mountain. You can learn more about them at: http://www.youngfocus.org/


The Young Focus team wants to create more inviting place to encourage the children to read, as well as update their book selection. More than it being a fundraiser, we also aim to advocate literacy awareness among the youth. Through reading, we learn about people, places and events outside our own experiences. We are exposed to different ideas and beliefs; that broaden our knowledge about the world.



Gate pa lang, artsy na haha!

Slytherin at heart

I especially like that the event is about giving opportunities to learn and sharing the love of reading to children. What an awesome advocacy! It was also a great platform for artists to showcase their artworks. There were a lot of trinkets here and there but it was Gemyoo who took all the photos hehe.

Let me show you what I got though: a couple of Harry Potter House Notes. I got 'em at a discounted rate too. :)




I love this gurl!

Sigh, what a happily nerdy Sunday! Happy Birthday again, Harry and JK!

Thanks for the photos Gemyoo

No comments:

Post a Comment