Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I'm not pregnant, just overweight

Let me just start this entry by saying that I love babies and If I get a wonderful surprise one of these days, we (my husband and I) will be properly excited, embrace my pregnancy with all our hearts, and pine for the baby until it comes out. :) Okay, I’m so glad that’s out in the open now.

However, no, I'm not pregnant yet. While I do thank everyone who congratulated me for the "wonderful gift from up above", I'm sorry to burst your bubble but this is just fat in my middle area; an accumulation of all the sugar, salt, and fats I downed over the past five years.

About that, we've also been getting questions about when we are going to “make” a baby. I get, it everyone is excited and babies are precious! I know, I really do. I also do realize that the body clock is ticking and that it is merciless! However, we are planning to wait until next year to start trying. *Insert collective audible horrified gasps*

I know, friends and family are looking forward to little Dimples and MJs running around, it’s funny how some “friends” are being too close for comfort hurrying me up to produce a child. Kaloka kayo! One time, we got such questions from relatives and my husband, poor him, who got really uncomfortable under their prying eyes blurted out “Hindi pa, gusto pa kasi naming gumala kung saan-saan” which warranted a lot of judgy stares on the questioning party’s eyes hahaha!

Bakit pa kami nag-asawa kung hindi pa kami magbi-baby, you ask. Umm, because we love each other? Yes, we do want babies! In fact, I am excited for babies (plural iyan) and I want three! Hihi! And because Dimple and I love babies so much we want to make sure that, first of all, we are emotionally ready. We want to be the best versions of ourselves when we finally get our shot at being parents. Right now, we are still adjusting to living with each other; discovering each other’s quirks, managing our fluid roles in the home as part of a couple, finding out what makes the other tick, etc. As much as possible, we want to settle everything there is to settle between the two of us first bago pa dumating ang mga kidlets. J

Also, with me still wobbly on my feet working freelance jobs, we are not yet financially ready to care for another human being. Dimple and I have enough for just the two of us for the meantime. Kapag late ang fees ko, nanghihingi pa ako sa kanya and I don’t feel too good asking him for money because I have been working since I was nineteen! I think it's understandable how I don’t want our financial state to still be like this when the baby is here. 

It’s so weird because the people who are “atat” for us to have kids are also parents themselves. Ones who can attest that the baby would have needs starting from when we conceive up to, oh I don’t know, until he/she’s eighteen? Of course we are lucky to have parents who will help us out when need be pero hindi ba nakakahiya naman kung pati ‘yung future generation sa kanila namin iaasa? After all, tapos na ang obligasyon nila sa amin. We want the grandparents to enjoy their apos, spoil even, but not spend their retirement money on them!

I know how great it would be when the kids come and we want to optimize our experience with our future kids which will only be possible if they come at a time when Dimple and I are fully ready for them. Hindi na iyong tipong ang saya-saya mo sa baby mo pero nag-aalala ka din kasi paubos na ang diapers at wala ka pang pambili. Or schedule ng baby na magpa-bakuna pero late na naman ang sweldo ayayay!! Or nagta-tantrums yung bata tapos may dispute sa discipline style ninyong mag-asawa. The horror!

I think it’s just right that we don’t want to worry about stuff like that anymore when the baby comes. We don’t want those things getting in the way of our happiness of having a child. If a year is what it takes for us to be prepared, then so be it.

Having said my piece, I gotta go and take a pregnancy test. Kidding! I’m kidding!

For now, here are some photos of us with "borrowed" kids. Hehe



He's so great with kids! :)

I don't think I'm bad with kids either hehe


Here we were with our flower girls

And them boys excluding me from the group hug

2 comments: