Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How I spent my 31st birthday

This year, I found myself not looking forward to my birthday the way I used to; no special plans, no waiting for midnight, no wishlist. Perhaps it was because of the major changes that happened in my life recently that my birthday had to take a backseat. This does not mean, however, that I am not grateful for having reached 31, after all it is the last number included in the calendar heh-heh.

My birthday was celebrated just the way I wanted it: no fuss, simple, with delicious albeit unhealthy food, and spent for the first time with my husband (dati kasi jowa pa lang kami haha!). He called me while he was at work and asked what I wanted for dinner and I said PIZZAAAAAA!!!So when he came home from work, we bought food from the nearby mall, ate until I could hardly breathe, then capped it up by snuggling in the couch to watch a couple of movies. Bliss.

Isn't he cute? He had my cake decorated with "Mrs. L" :)

PIZZZAAAA! Although we didn't get much
because we were afraid we won't stop eating if we get some more.

Chicken joy that deliciously smelled
just the way I remember it when I was a kid.

Groufieeee!! Haha!

My family in Samar also celebrated my birthday even when we're away from each other. They've been doing that since I moved here to Manila. Heart heart. Earlier that day, I got phone calls from them, greetings online, and also a video call from my sister and my nieces in the US! Happiness!


Cute nephew and nieces (grandchildren, technically) in Samar. :D


Apologies for the low-res photo :P

I also just have to share this, I was talking to Dimple while waiting for our take-out and I didn't know why he was smiling weirdly, yun pala nagpi-picture and then he posted this on Facebook! Kainis! Hahaha!!


He said: Happy Birthday sa asawa kong patay na patay sa kin.
Ibang level din ano? Hahaha!

Anyway, there! In less than an hour it will be my sister-in-law's birthday naman! :) July babies rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment