Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Why I love Belle

Emma Watson caught my heart when she brought Hermione to life, like, on point. Now, she is playing as Belle for Beauty and the Beast and I'm psyched!

Growing up, Belle has always been my favorite Disney Princess and, apparently, I am not the only one. Buzzfeed asked their readers to rank their Disney Princesses and Belle "beasted the rest"! You can check here for yourself. :)

I grew up in the time of 2D animation, but even when there are new animated wonders now like Frozen, Happy Feet, Shrek etc. Beauty and the Beast still has a special spot in my heart and Belle, too! Let me tell you why:


She's a hard-worker and a dreamer. Yeah, yeah, the other princesses were hard-working too, but Belle bad big dreams! She wasn't working hard because she had a mean stepmom, she worked hard because she wanted to pursue her dreams; a life outside of their little town, a better life for her and her dad.


She reads! Nobody could tear Belle away from her books, not her nosy neighbors who thought girls need not have any big ideas in their pretty little heads, not even the macho Gaston. Belle was smart. No one could ever fool a reader.



She didn't need saving. She was the one who saved her dad from the ghastly beast. Yas! She bravely went to the dark palace and confronted her own fears to save her father. Attagirl!



She stood her ground even in front of a big, ugly, smelly, growling Beast. She was obviously scared but that didn't stop her from fighting back. She made it clear with the Beast that she was no sissy and that she wouldn't easily back down. Rockstar, I tell you.



There was no love-at-first-sight for Belle. It didn't happen fast. I KNOW Beast wasn't really the love-at-first-sight kind of guy, but still, while other Disney Princesses were falling head-over-heels in love with men they've met for the first time (this was before Elsa, okay?) Belle took her time.



Her love for Beast wasn't based on his appearance, like, AT ALL. I mean how would it be possible, right? But she still loved him because she chose to see beyond his frightening exterior. Gaston was macho and handsome but she couldn't be fooled because she saw past appearances. She was rewarded in the end but I bet that was just a bonus for her because having Beast stay alive would have been enough and when it turned out that he was a handsome prince, oh boy!


You could tell I can't wait for the new Beauty and the Beast movie! For now, here's the teaser trailer I love watching over and over. Click on the picture.











2 comments:

  1. Belle is also my favorite Disney Princess! And it's good to know Emma Watson played the role! 100% Potter Head here! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I love Emma! Perfect talaga siya for both Belle and Hermione ��

    ReplyDelete